Wednesday 16 May 2007

Yesterday and today

Not a lot to report for day's 5 and 6. Not many students around due to deadlines so I just did some more scribbling. Two more students have joined the ranks ready to work; Niyaz Saghari will do some compositing once there is some stuff to composite and Mohsen Minouge is going to do some CG modelling and possibly some rain effects. Hopefully I will have a small team of people working with me in E6 from tomorrow, in the mean time I will describe what my film is actually going to be about as I have not done that yet and it might be a useful thing to describe as this blog is about the making of the film.

The film is called 'Operator' and it is about a man who telephone's God and asks him why he can't lick his elbow and God tells him. That's it really. Here is a rough design still...

And here is the first draft of the animatic...



It is poorly voiced by me at the moment but this will be remedied soon. The dilemma is that I can't really make much progress until I have got the final dialogue recorded. As the pace is so reliant on the delivery of the dialogue I can't lock down an edit yet so I can't even start animating the non-dialogue shots. Fortunately I think I may have found a suitable candidate today. A drama student at the University of the West of England in Bristol has shown an interest and I have heard some of his work and he is really good. I have not had direct contact yet, I emailed him today and am just waiting to hear back. I just have to hope he is available and willing to do it. Hopefully I will hear from him tomorrow, if not I will try and track down his telephone number and pester him like a pigeon. If that doesn't work I will find someone else as soon as possible. The last resort is I do it myself but I don't want to resort to that. I need to get the dialogue recorded by next Tuesday at the very latest really.

Breakdown status; Stable but under observation

No comments: