Monday 11 June 2007

All done!

It is finished! The last two weeks were really quite intense, hence the lack of blog updates. I hardly slept in that time but managed to get the animation all finished and then a hardcore team of helpers (made up of Scott Macdonald, James Cox, Steve Ford and Aimee Hibberd) put a hell of a lot of work in to finish the backgrounds, the colouring, the compositing, the sound and the rendering. Some technical issues (thanks to a sneaky NTSC setting in After-Effects) led to us all doing an all-nighter on Wednesday night but then it all came together Thursday morning and much weary celebration was had with tea and cold pizza and people started going to bed. It was around then that I realised that some of the shots had rendered with a strange pixelated effect due to an adjustment layer with the wrong settings. I think my heart made an audibe noise as it sank. I finished re-rendering the last of the shots at about half 6 that evening and was finally able to call the film complete. I then returned to Bristol like a zombie, falling to sleep at every possible moment until I finally found my bed and past out in a very satisfying manner. I have now been sleeping most of the weekend which has been lovely.

There are still some tweaks to the sound I want to make but other then that I am fairly pleased with the outcome, especially for four weeks work. It couldn't have been done with out all the help I had; Scott's CG work was great, James's textures and after-effects shadows were lovely, Aimee's background work was spot on, Angelina's rain was perfect, and thanks to everyone who coloured stuff in as well, which was basically anyone who came through the door with a remote understanding of Flash.

I will post stills and a clip of the film in coming days but right now I am going to go and have a cup of tea.

Breakdown status; Came and went. Wasn't too bad.

No comments: